A Christmas Meme
When all else fails and there’s no exciting knitting to write about because of too many holiday chores, do a meme, right? I saw this one on Amy’s blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper–we’re trying to use up a big backlog, so no more will be bought until it’s gone. Yes, that does mean that this year’s gifts will be wrapped in the same stuff as last year’s gifts.
2. Real or artificial tree? Real! Must have that marvelous real tree smell. We usually cut our own, but this year we’re giving in and going to a tree lot because time is short and it’s really, really cold and we’re complaining. Actually, I should say “both,” because we have a vintage aluminum tree, too, which is cute.
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get around to it–sometimes right after Thanksgiving, sometimes as late as mid-December. Um, like this year.
4. When do you take the tree down? Heh, we keep it as long as possible. Love the tree!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, although I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite thing. Hot cocoa, or maybe apple cider with a shot of bourbon–I’d reach for one of those first.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm, possibly my copy of Craig Claiborne’s Kitchen Primer. I still cook out of it regularly.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a beautiful one made by a New Mexico ceramic artist.
8. Hardest person to buy for? It’s a toss-up between my brother and my FIL. My FIL probably wins, because he gets cranky and pouty if he doesn’t get exactly what he wants even though it’s either hard to know what he wants, or he wants something impossible.
9. Easiest person to buy for? The best husband in the universe (mine, of course).
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t remember. Probably one of those default gifts that you get from people who don’t really know you or like you.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see the right thing for the right person. The trick is remembering what I’ve bought and where I’ve put it!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Can’t think of a particular favorite. I just ordered Christmas albums by a couple of our favorite jazz musicians, and I’m anxious to hear them.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Everybody comes to us because they know this is where the food is!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes. But I have things to do so I’m not going to. So there.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Um, neither one at the moment. There’s nothing on top of our tree, because we haven’t found the perfect thing.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas Eve. But there are also presents from Santa on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I can’t get everything done, and there’s never time to relax and do things like be social and see friends.
23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? No. Our theme is simply whatever we feel like putting on it, a big marvelous jumble of old and new, classy and kitschy. I don’t like “decorator” trees.
24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Cookies!
I’m not tagging anyone in particular, but if you see this and feel that a meme will save you from having nothing to write about today, consider yourself tagged!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
Comments are not allowed at this time.